Pages

Sappho Organics Liquid Foundation Review


Remember how I had been converted to mineral foundation? Well...I've rekindled my love affair with liquid 
foundation! I was lucky enough that my local natural store started carrying Sappho Organics late last year and just recently they had an amazing sale of 25% off! I had read such amazing reviews on this company from Nicole at Eco Chic Beauty Diva.

Sappho Organic Cosmetics is a Canadian company created by JoAnn Fowler who has worked as an MUA since 1989 in the television and movie industry. Sappho Organics products surpass the European Union's standard for safer cosmetics. 

Most natural liquid foundations that I've tried in the past haven't been full coverage. This is something that I look for because as most of you know, I do have very problematic skin. Fortunately, this foundation provides a nice full coverage without it looking cakey. I also love that it provides a nice dewy finish once the product has set. 

At first glance, I did not want to pay $52 for only 30 ml of product. For some reason I usually go through liquid foundation so much faster than anything else. I was pleasantly surprised that after using this product for 2 weeks straight, I had barely made a dent in the amount of product that I had used. A little goes a very long way.

How to apply:  As with most liquid foundations, this is best applied using a flat kabuki brush. Dot small amounts of product on your forehead, cheeks, and chin. Next blend the product by using your kabuki brush to buff it into the skin using circular motions. I find that products such as a beauty blender are better suited for cream foundations. Usually, you will waste more product with using a sponge applicator because liquids are more easily absorbed into the sponge. 

Aside from this products amazing performance it has a nice list of ingredients and is preserved with essential oils. It is also free of dimethicone, so that your skin can breathe. Here is the list of ingredients: 

Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Simmondsia chinensis (Organic Jojoba) Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Aspalathus linearis (Organic Rooibos) Extract, Calendula officinalis (Organic Calendula) Extract, Emulsifying Wax, Camellia sinensis (Organic Green Tea) Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Iron Oxide, Mica, Zinc Oxide, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary Extract), Azadirachta indica (Neem),  Stearic Acid, Limnanthes alba (Meadowfoam) Oil, Daucus carota sativa (Carrot) Oil, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) Essential Oil, Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil, Cistus ladaniferus (Rockrose) Essential Oil, Cedrus deodora (Cedarwood) Essential Oil, Lavendula officinalis (Lavender) Essential Oil, Anthemis nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Essential Oil, Konjac Glucomannan (Mannan), Citric Acid..

Note: This foundation does initially have a strong smell due to the use of essential oils. However, I find that once the product is applied I no longer smell anything and others cannot smell it on me. I think that it's a lot nicer than smelling cakey or powdery.

I am loving this Canadian brand and can't wait to try more of their products.
What is your favorite natural liquid foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment