Pages

Comparison: Tarte Colored Clay CC Primer & Pur Minerals Correcting Primer



As some of you may know, I suffer from acne and acne scarring. This has left my skin tone red and uneven. Color-correcting makeup is supposed to cancel out discoloration such as redness, yellow tones, or even darkness from sunspots, veins or under the eyes. At first the thought of putting something green on my face scared me. I couldn't see as to how this would possibly work. However, I've found that with quality products, color correctors can be amazing!

Tarte Colored Clay CC Primer ($41 CAD): 
The Tarte CC Primer comes in 5 different colors (fair, light, medium, tan, and deep). It's a unique product because it not only has a light coverage, but also contains purple and green clay for color correcting. I think that this is a great product for those who have minor imperfects. The beauty of this product is that because it contains a light coverage, you can use less foundation or none at all. After first applying this product I noticed that my skin felt silky smooth. Because I have a lot of discoloration this didn't cancel out most of the redness on my skin. I also noticed that after wearing this all day my t-zone area became oily. This is particularly odd for me because I have dry skin and the weather is below 0 degrees Celsius. Despite this product not working out too well for me, I still think that this is a good product and can see it working well for those with minor discoloration.

Pur Minerals Correcting Primer ($36 CAD): 
Pur Minerals is a brand that slipped passed my radar for so long. I thought that their products weren't as good as they seemed (ingredient wise). It wasn't until I saw this product on Cosmetic Database and noticed that it only had a toxicity score of 1! This primer is pure green but it does a great job at reducing 90% of my redness. When using this product I end up using less concealer and less foundation. It really is fantastic. This is not a product that you can use alone, it is strictly meant for underneath foundation. Using this alone will result in you looking "sickish". However, this goes away as soon as you use foundation. For best results Pur Minerals suggests using a mineral foundation with this product. This product works as a great base and is really perfect for reducing redness caused by acne or acne scarring.

Both of these products are effective but work best towards how much color correcting you need. Since I have both, I use them together. I use the Pur Minerals product first and then use a little bit of the Tarte Primer to add more color and extra coverage.

Do you use color correctors? If so, what is your favorite one?

No comments:

Post a Comment