Pages

It's All About Concealers: Featuring Jane Iredale & Dr. Hauschka


Concealer is an absolute staple in my life. When I have a severe breakout, a lot of work goes into covering my blemishes. A good concealer can work wonders and go a long way if applied correctly.


Those of you who have been following me on twitter will know that I scored some awesome deals at Winners (same thing as Marshalls or T.J. Maxx for those of you who don't live in Canada!) on Dr. Hauschka products. Not only did I snag a ton of their skincare products, but I was able to find some makeup products. The Pure Care Cover Stick was one of those awesome finds. I ended up getting the Cover Stick in beige because it was the only color that I could find. To be honest, I didn't think that this would be the right one for my skintone but to my surprise this worked perfectly for my light-medium skin! This product really is perfect for those who suffer from acne. It is made with tea tree and manuka essential oils to help heal blemishes. Because of these ingredients I put this underneath my foundation so that the ingredients can really help heal my blemishes. I find that once I apply foundation, the concealer doesn't move too much which is great! However, if the blemish starts to peak through I apply a little bit extra concealer on top of my foundation. This concealer is now an absolute must for me! Covering up while healing - can't get any better than that!


PS. you may want to check out your local Winners, Marshalls, or T.J. Maxx for Dr. Hauschka products. They are changing their packaging so I'm assuming that's why a lot of their products are on sale at these stores!



Jane Iredale is one of those brands that just about everybody trusts. You can find their products at almost every spa where I live. My first Jane Iredale product was the Corrective Colors Palette, you can see it in my last empties post here. I absolutely loved this palette, especially the peach color - perfect for covering up dark under eye circles. Peach completely cancels out blue/purple tones. Ages ago I watched Brianna (iluvjesse444) talk about how she loves this product. That video always stuck with me so I knew that I had to try it out! The Circle/Delete concealer in #2 peach is an excellent duo for undereye circles. I use the darkest peach color on the inner corner of my eye and the lighter color where the undereye circles are not as dark. The light color also works perfectly with my skintone to cancel out blemishes. This product has absolutely become a staple in my makeup bag, it is a lifesaver on nights when I don't get much sleep! Before using Jane Iredale products, I would have never thought that peach was the way to go for dark under eye circles!


Have you tried any of these products before? What are your favorite concealers?

No comments:

Post a Comment