Pages

January Empties


(Please excuse the horrible quality of this photo!) 

I took a picture of my empties a week before January ended, as a result I already have 4 empties waiting in the February pile. Expect lots of empties next month!

When I first ventured off into natural skincare and makeup I went a little bit crazy, mostly with skincare. Anything that I could find in store I would buy. I wanted to try everything and anything! Thankfully now that obsession has died down and I think that once February is over those products will all be used up. Now the fun part starts, now that I know what to look for in natural products, what ingredients work for me, I can really take the time to buy good quality products that suit my skincare needs.

Now onto the empties!

I decided to purchase the mini sizes of these masks because together they were only $16. The 3 masks are: Rose & Willowbark Blemish-Free Mask, Turmeric Antioxidant Radiance Mask, and the Avocado Banana Moisture Mask. I honestly just found the masks to be ok. Nothing about them really stood out to me (aside from their use of ingredients). This could be because I usually use higher quality masks, mostly from the Eminence line. The only mask that my skin really seemed to enjoy was the Avocado Banana Moisture Mask. It left my skin incredibly moisturized and supple. If the full sized tube of this mask was less than $35 and more around $15, I would probably repurchase it.

I should also mention that I received a sample of their Rice Facial Cleanser, which I very much enjoyed. A full-size is $25. For that price I would be more likely to repurhcase this cleanser. But before I do, I really want to try the Blissoma Rice Cleanser.

Too Faced Endless Summer 16 Hour-Long Wear Bronzer: 
This product is not natural at all, not by any means! I bought this in the summer when I was having problems with bronzer not lasting on me. Thankfully, this bronzer did what it said, it lasted all day. The only problem with this bronzer is that it only lasted me 3 months. What is that!? Usually bronzer will last me almost a full year. I found the color to work well with my skintone (light-medium), I don't see this bronzer working at all for medium-dark skintones. I won't be repurchasing this product again due to its ingredient list and it only lasting me 3 months. I am currently using the Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer which I love and think is a good substitute for this Too Faced bronzer.

Zatik Coconut Milk & Safflower Cleanser: 
I had high hopes for this brand, I really did. I loved that they are certified USDA organic, they have an interesting list of ingredients. But all of their products feel like water and as a result they are used up way to quickly. Also, all the products that I've tried didn't do anything for my skin. It's very disappointing.

The Body Deli Sea Cucumber Gelee: 
I love love love this brand! The Sea Cucumber Gelee is the perfect moisturizer for my dry/combination skin during the summer. It ads the perfect amount of moisture while feeling so refreshing (especially when its super hot outside). Click here to read my original review. 

Zatik Gingko & Pumpkin Face Moisturizer: 
Guys, I don't even want to mention this one. It's not even on their website anymore. This moisturizer did absolutely nothing for my skin and left a weird residue on my face. 


Wow, what a disappointing empties month! Thankfully I had the Body Deli up there! 





No comments:

Post a Comment