Pages

Current Favorites: Hair Care



About a month ago Yarok kindly sent me their newest shampoo for review! I've been a huge fan of Yarok products ever since I entered the green beauty world. Their newest shampoo is made with organic african black soap, argan oil, coconut oil, and hemp oil. It is 100% natural, vegan, and is perfect for curly or color treated hair (perfect, I have both curly and color treated hair!). When using this my hair feels perfectly clean. Sometimes when using natural shampoos it can leave your hair feeling like it needs to be shampooed 2-3 times. However, this usually does the trick for me just after one shampoo. Since using this shampoo my hair has felt so much more healthier and softer. A little of this product goes a long way. In a months time I've only used about 1/4 of this 12 oz bottle (I have a ton of hair!). The best part is that this shampoo has aromas of orange, ylang ylang, and rosemary. It smells so good. For some reason (don't ask why!) the scent reminds me of bubble gum!

Ingredients: Aqua (Vitamin Infused Water), Cocos nucifera (Saponified Coconut), Fair Trade Organic African Black Soap, Argania spinosa L. (Argan oil), Organic oils of Cannabis sativa (Hemp Seed), Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba), Vitis vinifera (Grape Seed), Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel, Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose); Achillea millefolium (Organic Yarrow), Organic Guar Gum [aka guaran], Organic herbal extracts of: Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary), Arctium lappa (Burdock), Equisetum hyemale (Horsetail), Salvia officinalis (Sage), Origanum vulgare (Oregano), Thymus vulgaris (Thyme), Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender), Mentha piperita (Peppermint), Hydrastis canadensis (Goldenseal), Cinnamomum zeylanicum (Cinnamon), Citrus limonum (Lemon) Peel; Plant-Sourced Kosher Vegan Xanthan Gum and/or Manihot esculenta (Organic yuca starch) and Potassium Sorbate; may contain Elaeis Guineensis (Palm Kernel) extract, Limnanthes alba (meadowfoam seed oil) and acetic acid (vinegar); Organic essential oils of Citrus sinensis (Sweet Orange), Citrus aurantium var. amara (Bitter Orange), Cananga odorata (Ylang Ylang).


100% Pure Honey & Virgin Coconut Restorative Conditioner: 
After falling in love with the 100% Pure Body Cream, I knew that I had to try their hair care. 100% Pure always has amazing ingredients and I knew that this conditioner would be perfect for my curly/color treated hair. This conditioner helps to detangle my hair while keeping it moisturized and nourished. I must admit, my hair has never been softer since using this shampoo & conditioner duo. This is a bit of a heavier conditioner so I would only recommend it to those with dry, damaged, and/or thick hair. I usually go through conditioner so fast but a little goes a long way for this product. I can see this bottle easily lasting me another 4 months! Best of all, this leaves my hair smelling like coconuts even when I'm out of the shower. This is the first conditioner to leave a lasting scent on my hair.


Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice*, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water (Organic Rose Hydrosol)*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Butter, Linum Usitatissimum (Organic Flax) Seed Oil, Glycerine, Cocos Nucifera (Virgin Coconut) Oil, Ceterayl Alcohol, Mel (Honey), Citrus Aurantium Sinensis (Orange Peel) Fiber, Euphorbia Cerifera Cera (Candelilla Wax) Extract, Pantothenic Acid (Pro-Vitamin B5), Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus (Kelp) Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Extracts of Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf, Origanum Vulgare (Oregano) Leaf, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) and Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Fragrance) * Certified Organic

Have you tried any of these products before? What are your thoughts? 


No comments:

Post a Comment